sexta-feira, 17 de julho de 2020

Making bonsai








Only three bad pics, and no before pic. And the one with me in it is from Buzz.
Look at that base! (In botany they call it the buttress. In bonsai, the Japanese term is nebari)
The tree is a willow leaf ficus. I was excited seeing it. It looked cool with the dead area on the trunk (what’s usually called a shari in most bonsai circles).
And that’s Buzz, say “Hi!”
Thank you Buzz, my friend. It was a treat, and an honor to look at your collection and for you to let me work on this tree.
He tried to say I transformed it in an amazing way. I told him that he grew the tree, took care of it, grew the branches and the rest, and all I did was take a few pieces away.
That’s not me being modest. It’s more difficult to keep a tree alive than for me to come in and do some pruning and wrap some wire around the branches.
So again, I thank you, sir, for the opportunity to work on your tree.
And that’s it.

Nenhum comentário:

Guerra dos mundos